If you’ve been in a car accident, you may be wondering if it’s worth getting a lawyer. Whether your car accident is minor or severe, we recommend seeking legal representation from an experienced attorney.
At The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor, our Greenville car accident lawyers have years of experience helping car accident victims get the compensation they deserve. We will work with the insurance company to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your losses. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer?
There are many benefits of hiring a lawyer after a car accident. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- You will have someone on your side who is experienced in dealing with car accident cases.
- Your lawyer will know the law inside and out and will be able to guide you through the legal process.
- You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, property damage, and other losses. Your lawyer can help you get the most out of your case.
If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s important to weigh your options and decide if hiring a lawyer is right for you. If you have any questions about your car accident case or want more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to help.
Frequent Causes of Car Accidents in Greenville
According to the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles, over 3,000 auto accidents occurred in Greenville in 2019. Many different things can cause car accidents, but some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving
- Fatigued driving
These are just a few of the most common causes of car accidents. If you’ve been in an accident that was caused by any of these things, you may want to consider hiring a lawyer.
Common Greenville Car Accident Injuries
In 2019, almost 1,800 car accident victims sustained injuries, and five suffered a fatality in Greenville. Car accidents cause a variety of injuries, from minor to severe. And some injuries, such as whiplash, do not manifest immediately. This is why it is important to seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Common Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents in Greenville, NC
There are many different types of car accidents, but some of the most common include:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Rollover accidents
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Greenville, NC?
If you’ve been in a car accident, there are a few things you should do:
- Get medical attention if you need it – Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s important to get checked out by a medical professional. Internal injuries and concussions may not show symptoms immediately.
- Call the police – The police can help document the accident and file a report.
- Exchange information with the other driver – Get the other driver’s name, contact information, insurance information, and license plate number.
- Document the scene – Take photos of the accident scene and damage to your car.
- Contact a Greenville car accident lawyer – If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you may want to contact a lawyer. A lawyer can help you file a claim and get the compensation you deserve.
Determining Fault in Greenville Car Accident Cases
In most car accident cases, the determination of fault is relatively straightforward. If one driver was clearly at fault for the accident, that driver would be held liable for any damages caused. However, North Carolina follows the contributory negligence doctrine. This doctrine states that if a driver is found even partially at fault, they may not recover compensation for their damages.
Damages You Can Recover in Your Car Accident Claim
There are many different damages that you can recover in a car accident claim. Some of the most common include:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
If you’ve been in a car accident, it’s important to contact an attorney who can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Fatal Car Accidents and Wrongful Death
If you’ve lost a loved one in a car accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. A wrongful death lawsuit allows the deceased’s family to recover damages for their loss. Contact an experienced car accident lawyer at The Law Offices of Jason E. Taylor for more information about a wrongful death case and what damages you can recover.
Contact a Greenville Car Accident Attorney Today
If you have been injured in one due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you deserve fair compensation for your injuries. Our Greenville car accident lawyers take on insurance companies and negotiate with them to ensure that you receive fair treatment. We are also not afraid to go to trial when it’s in our client’s best interest.
Contact us today for your free initial consultation and learn more about what we can do to help you. We will answer your questions and explain all of your legal options.